For the best results of your hair treatment procedure, there are some mandatory things to try before Follicular unit extraction which is suggested by surgeons during the consultation. These all are simple things to try and a few extra care are there to follow. They’re very normal to try & you don’t get to do something very different. You’ll get all notes and suggestions from surgeons during consultation once you’ll fix your procedure. But before that let’s try to understand the hair transplant procedure & what is FUE.
WHAT IS HAIR TRANSPLANT?
“Hair Transplantation is often described as the relocation of Donor Dominant or DHT-Resistant Hair Follicles. The relocation is completed from the donor area (frontal region, occipital region or anywhere else from the body) to the affected recipient area or DHT prone area.”Says Dr. Deepesh Goyal who is one of the best Jaipur based hair transplant surgeon. The groups of hair follicles that are transplanted are referred to as follicular units. One follicular unit commonly contains single, double or triple follicles. However, sometimes your surgeon may use four follicles within the follicular unit.
FUE:- FUE or Follicular unit extraction is additionally called follicular transfer (FT), is one of the most preferred techniques of hair restoration treatment. During this method, individual follicular units are going to be extracted from the patient’s donor area, one at a time. No strip is removed from the scalp during this method and hence scarring of the scalp is very less in comparison to FUT. This is often also one of the major deciding factors why many of us choose this system.
Surgeons will especially give some instruction to prepare you. Instructions are given below. Kindly note there is no need to worry about the FUE procedure, most patients are naturally asleep during this procedure and there’ll be minimal pain that will be handled by using local anesthesia to numbing a selected bald area. Even most patients enjoy television programs, movies, songs, or sport during treatment.
HERE ARE A FEW THINGS TO DO BEFORE GOING FOR FUE
- For Diabetic patients start taking Tab Lizolid 600 mg – one tablet per day (after diner) – 7 days before the procedure date. Take regular medication for B.P. and Diabetes.
- Start using Betadine surgical scrub as shampoo- Prior 6 days of the procedure. (Apply everywhere to the scalp and keep it for 4-5 min then wash it)
- Just in case using Minoxidil lotion then stop it 15 days prior to transplant.
- Stop heavy exercises, jogging, swimming prior to 4 days of transplant.
- Stop eating Spicy and oily food prior to 3 days.
- Consumption of alcohol and tobacco/cigarette to be stopped prior to 6 days of transplant.
- On the day of Transplant wear a front opening shirt (Not a T-Shirt).
- On the day of Transplant have a good breakfast.
- On the day of Transplant bring reports of your blood test.
- On the day of Transplant carry one big handkerchief/ Bandana.
- On the day of transplant bring Fucidin ointment.
- Present your all medical reports and don’t hide any things from surgeons during consultation even don’t lie about your medical record or habits from your surgeons, like if you’ve got diabetics, kindly inform it to your surgeon prior to treatment or during the consultation so he can well instruct you ways to handle proper diet & insulin management on the day of the procedure. Lying to your surgeon may harm your health & surgeons won’t be able to achieve their best result because of that.
- If you’ve a smoking habit or use nicotine products like cigarettes, cigars, gums, electronic cigarettes then you’ll need to stop till the procedure, this all affects or restricts the blood vessels causing poor oxygen circulation which results in poor wound healing. The surgeon might suggest you quit smoking; it’s beneficial for your general health.
- Drinking Alcohol like beer, wine, liquor, or spirits affects the blood vessels which increases swelling, thins the blood, causing excessive bleeding during the procedure, even alcohol interacts with anesthesia and pain management medications which can cause severe pain.
- Avoid Vitamins or multivitamins like B or E it’s going to cause hindrance during the procedure.
- Avoid coffee or tea or any caffeinated products on the day of your procedure, it’s going to cause high vital sign or bleeding during the procedure.
- Start massaging 10-30 minutes on day to day prior 1 month, daily massage will soft your scalp and increase blood flow on this area which is a good sign for best hair results.
- Avoid hair care products on the day of hair treatment; kindly wash your hair clean and nice.
- If you dye your hair daily kindly note, stop dying your hair prior 3-4 days of your procedure and keep your scalp clean & remove all dye spot on your scalp, so white and grey hair can easily visible to surgeons.
- Don’t trim your hair without prior instruction or suggestion by your surgeons, most of the surgeon trim your hair on the day of your procedure in his clinical premises, if they instruct you to trim your hair then kindly trim it till 1 mm which helps them to perform perfect extraction of your hair grafts.
21.Prior 2-3 days avoid work pressure or any other kind of stress, take proper 8 hours deep sleep along with a balanced diet.